Synergy Wellness is a mental health needs assessment and service co-ordination service (NASC). We work with people experiencing disability as a result of a significant mental health issue, for which there is treatment provided by a suitably qualified practitioner. Synergy Wellness does not provide treatment for mental health or any other disorders.
Synergy Wellness is contracted by the Southern District Health Board to provide services to people in Dunedin, and North and South Otago. Each service user (and their family/whanau) has a Synergy Wellness key worker, who works alongside them on their journey to wellbeing.
Mental health issues can affect people of any age, gender, ethnicity and socioeconomic background; Synergy Wellness caters to all.
If you are having significant difficulties with everyday tasks and activities because of a mental health disorder, Synergy Wellness may be to assist you find the right support. See resources for full eligibility criteria. Highlights are:
There is a diagnosis of psychiatric illness or alcohol and drug related illness:
1. Made by a suitably qualified health practitioner
2. The diagnosis is still current
3. There is an identified clinician, treatment is in place and continuing
There are reductions in independent function requiring support, that result from psychiatric illness or misuse of drugs or alcohol:
1. Which are expected to go on for six months or longer
2. Which are serious and significant enough to need formal supports
3. There are barriers to participation in everyday normal social cultural, vocational or recreational activities.
We will try as hard as possible to find supports that meet your needs, but this may not always be possible. We highlight any unmet needs with the Southern District Health Board Mental Health, Addictions and Intellectual Disability Directorate.
Our friendly, professional staff will meet with you in your home or where ever you feel comfortable. What we ask from you is to work alongside us to get the best outcome for you, and tell us if your circumstances change, for example if you move or if your mental health changes.
• This is the stage we gather information from you and others involved (such as family/whanau, health professionals) in order to understand your situation and help you figure out what support you need. We will write a report that summarises your strengths and challenges, aspirations and needs.
• You are welcome to have a support person present during the assessment if you wish.
• This involves discussing support options with you, making suggestions about what might be helpful, and making referrals to support services of your choice that match the needs we identify.
• We recognise you will have your own strengths and resources, such as the support of family and friends, interests and hobbies. These can be utilised to contribute to your wellbeing.
• We can arrange government funded supports from a range of services for you – these include community
support, household management, personal care, carer support, planned respite and supported accommodation; depending on what you need.
• We will keep working on your support package until you are happy with it.
• Once supports have been set up we will do regular reviews to monitor how the services are working, and make any changes needed.
• Synergy Wellness will keep working with you for as long as you need; there is no set timeframe.
• Your key worker will undertake a service co-ordination review with you every six months at the latest. It may be sooner, depending on the need. We want to hear from you if your supports need changed at any time.
• Your key worker will update you needs assessment every two years. It may be sooner if your circumstances change significantly.